answer; response
plug
reply
trade
senior

What does polish mean?

What are scarecrows? | Change of heart and point of view
What does polish mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 20, 2009 21:04 pm   What does polish mean?

ESL/EFL Test #125 "Real Life: Accessories and Clothing (2)", question 6

I like to wear light pink ......... on my nails I carefully put it on and then wait for it to dry.

(a) polish
(b) earrings
(c) necklaces
(d) socks

ESL/EFL Test #125 "Real Life: Accessories and Clothing (2)", answer 6

I like to wear light pink polish on my nails I carefully put it on and then wait for it to dry.

Correct answer: (a) polish
_________________________

what is polish?
Ploty

What does polish mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 20, 2009 21:29 pm   What does polish mean?

Polish, in this case, is nail polish. Nail polish comes in a variety of colors and is put on wet. It normally dries in several minutes into a hard, glossy enamel. Women usually wear nail polish on their nails and, sometimes, on their toenails.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does polish mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:12 am   What does polish mean?

There is no punctuation between the two main clauses of this Question 6. Could you please look into this matter?

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a

What does polish mean? #4 (permalink) Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:14 am   What does polish mean?

Thanks, Bhikku. It's done and awaiting a database refresh.
_________________

Test incompl/inter-333, Question 10Test incompl/inter-333, Question 8Tigers like to hunt alone...get your rear in gearwade aroundlooked uponWhat is a parking lot?the first few pages of the bookContracts ariseputting the hard yackerblack and white stripesMeaning of broom, shovel and trovelExpression: behaves in a crazy manner