to gather; to garner; to assemble; to accumulate; to take payments
legitimate
collect
button
number

What happened to you then?

Describe vs. mention? | you ratted me out
What happened to you then? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 am   What happened to you then?

ESL/EFL Test #70 "Chit Chat: In the train", question 6

Mr Corp: What ......... to you then?

(a) occurred
(b) transpired
(c) happened
(d) developed

ESL/EFL Test #70 "Chit Chat: In the train", answer 6

Mr Corp: What happened to you then?

Correct answer: (c) happened

_________________________

Hi Dear teacher, I have diffecult adjective, noun, and verb. How do i know differences when i use a sentence? thank you.

fatuma hussein
fatuma hussein

What happened to you then? #2 (permalink) Sat May 02, 2009 6:09 am   What happened to you then?

.
This is a very broad question, and there is no clear answer. Generally, the verb expresses some action (ran, is crossing, have come) or condition (remained, feels). A noun is the name of something (ball, suitcase, Mr Jones) or a concept (beauty, anger). And an adjective describes a noun in some way (a round ball, a heavy suitcase, the first Mr Jones).
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What happened to you then? #3 (permalink) Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:31 am   What happened to you then?

Hi dear teacher, so why can't use 'occurred' in this sentence? Thank you in advance..
Rachelpan

Location: Taiwan

What happened to you then? #4 (permalink) Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 am   What happened to you then?

'What occurred to you?' means 'What did you think of?' but that does not fit the conversation. The man wants to know the lady's next experience when he asks 'What happened to you?'
_________________

What happened to you then? #5 (permalink) Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:36 am   What happened to you then?

Thank you....you made me clear.
Rachelpan

Location: Taiwan

spreading it on kind of thickWouldAnother factor for change has been international equity investorsam I right ?is or are? Thanks:)"time off" instead of "off-time"regulation or regular?what's the meaning of fall back on in this context?"under no account" vs "on no account"Usage and meaning of "fall through"What is "business hours"?What does "business end user" mean?What does "fall behind" mean?