temporary stop; standstill; break or pause in a march or journey
letter
contract
entertainment
halt

What is the meaning of sublet?

What does 'quite a prune' mean? | Are you sure that "lost for a lot of money" is correct?
What is the meaning of sublet? #1 (permalink) Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 am   What is the meaning of sublet?

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", question 7

Sharon wants to ......... her apartment for six months because she's going to work with the Peace Corps for about that long. When she comes back, she still wants to live in the same building and this means that she would still have her rent paid while she is away.

(a) loan
(b) lodge
(c) sublet
(d) occupy

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", answer 7

Sharon wants to sublet her apartment for six months because she's going to work with the Peace Corps for about that long. When she comes back, she still wants to live in the same building and this means that she would still have her rent paid while she is away.

Correct answer: (c) sublet
_________________________

what is the meaning of sublet?

aksy
aksy

What is the meaning of sublet? #2 (permalink) Wed May 06, 2009 11:51 am   What is the meaning of sublet?

When you have a lease on an apartment or house, you are usually forbidden to sublet.

Sharon wants someone to rent the apartment or house, or part of it, from her whilst she is away. She will find herself in big trouble unless her lease specifies that she can do this.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of zippers'lasts" instead of "last"?What does a waitress do?What does je nai pas comprit mean?What does "sme business" mean?What are the introduction to secretarial procdures in an electronic offices?What does a teacher do?What does disagreeable mean?What does 'donkey work' mean?Meaning of attireDifference between summit and foothillApprenticeship or InstitutionWhat is the cart?