person who is resistant to change; person who favors traditional political parties
spread
likelihood
plan
conservative

have vs. has

"The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." | Sentence: Outside the school, students still have to behave the same way as...
Are there winners and losers in the world of ESL? #1 (permalink) Sat May 09, 2009 7:18 am   Are there winners and losers in the world of ESL?

hiiiiii
sometime i confused in have has/ or am are where i put has have or am are in the sentence ?????
Rajanudham

Are there winners and losers in the world of ESL? #2 (permalink) Sat May 09, 2009 12:25 pm   Are there winners and losers in the world of ESL?

I have a car.

He has a car.

Where am I ?

Where are you?

Kitosdad,
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Are there winners and losers in the world of ESL? #3 (permalink) Sat May 09, 2009 12:57 pm   Are there winners and losers in the world of ESL?

Both have/has and am/is/are (and also do/does/did) can be auxiliary verbs so that they are used with another verb to show its tense, person, mood etc. For example, 'I am writing', 'I have done this exercise', 'she is listening'. And these verbs can be main verbs, independent, with their own lexical meaning. For example, 'my name is Natasha, I am Ukrainian', 'I have brown eyes', 'she has a cat'. have/has and am/is/are are used in present tenses (sometimes future tenses). The verb form 'have' is used in plural and with 'I' and after modal verbs. For example, 'I have a dog', 'we/they/you have books', 'The girls have nice hair', 'you can have it'. 'Has' is used in singular, for example 'he/she/it has an opinion', 'The boy has a bag'. 'Am' is used only with pronoun 'I'. For example, 'I am happy', 'I am late'. 'Are' is used in plural. For example, 'we/they/you are good friends', 'the books are interesting' etc. You can learn more and practise here http://www.geocities.com/gob72/grammarverbtenses.html#one Hope it will help :)
AshkaTashka

Location: Ukraine

have vs. has #4 (permalink) Sun May 10, 2009 16:49 pm   have vs. has

have for (I_we_you_they )
has for (he_she_it)
Hamad22

have vs. has #5 (permalink) Mon May 11, 2009 5:34 am   have vs. has

'Has' is 3rd person singular, everything else is 'have'.
'Am' is 1st person singular, 'is' is 3rd person singular, everything else is 'are'.

1st person singular is "I", 1st person plural is "we".
2nd person singular and plural is "you"
3rd person singular is "he/she/it", 3rd person plural is "they".
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Article about the directions (front, behind, right, left, side etc).Usage of 'in front of'turn around vs turn behindGrammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb'Simple English: Management must then carefully document their businesses..."On the street" vs "In the street"How many reductions are there in English? E.g reduction of relative clauses.What does Top editor mean? Is it different from "senior editor"?Usage of total: My total life mission is to transform the consciousness of...commit and dedicateThis life came so close...The British are a hardworking nation.Strange sentence: The horse raced past the barn fell.