Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

something that continues for many years
inconvenience
region
perennial
foundation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"The power is back." OR "The electricity is back."

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Usage of total: My total life mission is to transform the consciousness of... | have vs. has
listening exercises
"The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." #1 (permalink) Sun May 10, 2009 18:03 pm   "The power is back." OR "The electricity is back."

My dear and respected teachers

1: "Add the game feature to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ? OR...

"Add the game option to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ? OR...

Add the game facility to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ?

2: "The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." OR "The light is back."

3: I often play snooker.How should I say the following sentence?

"Try putting pink ball in the pocket ." OR "Try putting pink ball into the pocket." ?

4: "Take all bones out of the fish before you eat it." correct?

Thanks in advance!
Twilit1988
I'm here quite often ;-)

"The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." OR &am #2 (permalink) Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 am   "The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." OR &am

[quote="Twilit1988"]My dear and respected teachers

Twilit1988 wrote:
1: "Add the game feature to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ? OR...

"Add the game option to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ? OR...

Add the game facility to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ?

Either 'feature' or 'option' are okay. Don't use facility in this sentence.

Twilit1988 wrote:
2: "The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." OR "The light is back."

Either "The power is back" or "The electricity is back" is fine. You could also say "The lights are back on."

Twilit1988 wrote:
3: I often play snooker.How should I say the following sentence?

"Try putting pink ball in the pocket ." OR "Try putting pink ball into the pocket." ?

Either is fine. However, you need a definite article before ball.

Try putting/hitting the pink ball in/into the pocket.

Twilit1988 wrote:
4: "Take all bones out of the fish before you eat it." correct?

Yes. You could also use the verb 'pick', but it's not necessarily any better.
Skrej
I'm here quite often ;-)

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Usage of total: My total life mission is to transform the consciousness of... | have vs. has
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Article about the directions (front, behind, right, left, side etc).turn around vs turn behindGrammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb'Sentence: Outside the school, students still have to behave the same way as...Simple English: Management must then carefully document their businesses..."On the street" vs "In the street"How many reductions are there in English? E.g reduction of relative clauses.What does Top editor mean? Is it different from "senior editor"?commit and dedicateThis life came so close...Run-on SentencesThe British are a hardworking nation.Strange sentence: The horse raced past the barn fell.