something that continues for many years
inconvenience
region
perennial
foundation

"The power is back." OR "The electricity is back."

Usage of total: My total life mission is to transform the consciousness of... | have vs. has
"The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." #1 (permalink) Sun May 10, 2009 18:03 pm   "The power is back." OR "The electricity is back."

My dear and respected teachers

1: "Add the game feature to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ? OR...

"Add the game option to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ? OR...

Add the game facility to Yahoo! so that users may play games with each other." ?

2: "The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." OR "The light is back."

3: I often play snooker.How should I say the following sentence?

"Try putting pink ball in the pocket ." OR "Try putting pink ball into the pocket." ?

4: "Take all bones out of the fish before you eat it." correct?

Thanks in advance!
Twilit1988

"The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." OR &am #2 (permalink) Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 am   "The power is back." OR "The electricity is back." OR &am

[quote="Twilit1988"]My dear and respected teachers

Twilit1988 wrote:

Either 'feature' or 'option' are okay. Don't use facility in this sentence.

Twilit1988 wrote:

Either "The power is back" or "The electricity is back" is fine. You could also say "The lights are back on."

Twilit1988 wrote:

Either is fine. However, you need a definite article before ball.

Try putting/hitting the pink ball in/into the pocket.

Twilit1988 wrote:

Yes. You could also use the verb 'pick', but it's not necessarily any better.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Article about the directions (front, behind, right, left, side etc).turn around vs turn behindGrammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb'Sentence: Outside the school, students still have to behave the same way as...Simple English: Management must then carefully document their businesses..."On the street" vs "In the street"How many reductions are there in English? E.g reduction of relative clauses.What does Top editor mean? Is it different from "senior editor"?commit and dedicateThis life came so close...Run-on SentencesThe British are a hardworking nation.Strange sentence: The horse raced past the barn fell.