Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

offer; plan; theory; problem
midmorning
apology
proposition
dietician
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Grammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb'

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
commit and dedicate | "On the street" vs "In the street"
listening exercises
Grammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb' #1 (permalink) Mon May 11, 2009 7:22 am   Grammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb'

Hi friends, I have something would like to ask you. because I am still ambiguous about using it

Please tell me when we use

1, '' What + verb '' and '' What to + verb ''

2, '' why didn't you play football '' and " Why did you not play football" Are they the same meaning or difference. If it is different Please tell me when we use

Thanks in advance
Khanhphamqn
You can meet me at english-test.net

Please help me about grammar #2 (permalink) Mon May 11, 2009 9:15 am   Please help me about grammar

Did not and didn't mean the same.

Didn't is simply a shorter way of writing, and saying, " did not."

" What " is a questioning word, along with, How, When, Where, Which, Who, Whom, Whose and Why. It has numerous applications, as do they all.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Grammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb' #3 (permalink) Mon May 11, 2009 10:32 am   Grammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb'

What to _do but What if you want to ask about something or certain event like what to do wth this amount of money or what have you done in the week end.
KingLion

Grammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb' #4 (permalink) Mon May 11, 2009 11:11 am   Grammar: 'What + verb' and 'What to + verb'

Then the questioning word simply precedes the accompanying text.

commit and dedicate | "On the street" vs "In the street"
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Article about the directions (front, behind, right, left, side etc).Usage of 'in front of'turn around vs turn behindUsage of 'check out'Sentence: Outside the school, students still have to behave the same way as...Simple English: Management must then carefully document their businesses...How many reductions are there in English? E.g reduction of relative clauses.What does Top editor mean? Is it different from "senior editor"?Usage of total: My total life mission is to transform the consciousness of..."The power is back." OR "The electricity is back."how does "lunch" suppose to look?have vs. hasA beautiful day. Last week we had a trip to Boos koura forest about...