bed covering; quilt
size
special
blanket
downtown

Why is rye uncountable?

Meaning of murderer | Do we say 'to get hold of money' to say 'to make a lot of money'?
Why is rye uncountable? #1 (permalink) Fri May 22, 2009 8:00 am   Why is rye uncountable?

ESL/EFL Test #227 "Confusing Words test (10)", question 2

There is a great deli around the corner. Tom orders corned beef on ......... bread for lunch every day.

(a) root
(b) reed
(c) wry
(d) rye

ESL/EFL Test #227 "Confusing Words test (10)", answer 2

There is a great deli around the corner. Tom orders corned beef on rye bread for lunch every day.

Correct answer: (d) rye
_________________________

What is a rye
Ryi

Why is rye uncountable? #2 (permalink) Fri May 22, 2009 8:21 am   Why is rye uncountable?

.
'Rye' is uncountable. It is a kind of grain.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Why is rye uncountable? #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:06 am   Why is rye uncountable?

Dear teachers,
Can you give me the reason why we use draft in this sentence. What does it mean here?
The window latch broke earlier in the day. By nightfall, the wind was blowing harder than ever, and there was a noticeable draft in the apartment.
Thank you so much!
Ha Kim Yen

Why is rye uncountable? #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 am   Why is rye uncountable?

draft = a current of air (usually coming into a room or vehicle)
_________________

"out of a sense" vs "in a sense of"What does float one's boat mean?Meaning of 'Species'Throughout at the beginning of a sentence?What does "scenic spot" mean?Does "delineate" also mean "describe"?This is a great website!What is the meaning of causality?'If you look out the window' vs 'If you look out of the window'What am i to do now?meaning of deviateMeaning of "At 6 pm sharp"Contraction of "do not" is "don't"