meeting; seminar; convention
capitalization
conference
prejudice
quote

Difference between 'those days' and 'these days'

The meaning of 'paint you in the best light'? | I don't think much of it
Difference between 'those days' and 'these days' #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:42 am   Difference between 'those days' and 'these days'

Test No. incompl/inter-38 "Save the Day", question 9

I don't know exactly when we'll go but we really must visit them one of ......... days.

(a) this
(b) these
(c) that
(d) those

Test No. incompl/inter-38 "Save the Day", answer 9

I don't know exactly when we'll go but we really must visit them one of these days.

Correct answer: (b) these

I don't know exactly when we'll go but we really must visit them one of those days.
_________________________

Please explain the meanig of "these days" .
Sajjad Qamar

Difference between 'those days' and 'these days' #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:14 am   Difference between 'those days' and 'these days'

This is an expression meaning some time in the future. Those days as in the expression: in those days we used to ... refers to a time in the past.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between 'those days' and 'these days' #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:56 am   Difference between 'those days' and 'these days'

Mr Alan, please tell me why is there ,,when we'll go'' and not: ,,when we go''?
Shouldn't it be always Present Simple tense after: ,,when''?
Thanks a lot!!!

spend time to do something or spend time doing something"help keep" and "help to keep"journalists would follow him...can not understand ?diffence between finish up and finish offend up vs. close upShouldn't the preposition be 'an' instead of 'a' before euphemism?How can I make my own sentences?Idiom: to tear one's hair outPoked my eye outWho(m) does that car belong to?Hallucinating vs daydreamingMeaning of 'flagging'