amid; in the middle
precisely
miserably
between
hard

Questions in a restaurant/at a mart

Use of nick, jack, dick | Put something on the tree. vs Put something in the tree.
Questions in a restaurant/at a mart #1 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 7:16 am   Questions in a restaurant/at a mart

I have some questions on the questions you can use in a restaurant/at a store.

1) When you go to a restaurant, and want to know what the peole at the next table are eating. Then, what would you say to the waiter? "(pointing a finger to the food over there) What are they having? (I'll have the same one.)" or "Would you tell me what they are having?" What would you say?

2) At a mart, if you want to know how much tax is put on a product before you pay, what would you say to the clerk? How about 'How much is it for the tax?" or... what else?

I think I can manage to make some questions, but I would like to know what natives say in those situations- the typical questions. Please let me know!

sweetpumpkin
Sweetpumpkin

Location: S.Korea

Questions in a restaurant/at a mart #2 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 7:46 am   Questions in a restaurant/at a mart

.
1-- Fine
2-- What's the tax on this?
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Questions in a restaurant/at a mart #3 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 8:22 am   Questions in a restaurant/at a mart

Million thanks, MM. :) Your answer always helps me a lot.
Sweetpumpkin

Location: S.Korea

Could I say 'work report'?how many strokesDifference between to you, for you, for me, to me?Sentence: Motivation to wrok is created by the satisfaction of the individual'sWhat is the meaning of parasise?I will attend an English course?Look for in 'Can you help me look for my keys?'Had forgotten or had forgotDifferrence between moving and movement, enroll and enrollmentGoal congruencedifference between could and canMeaning of word "over and over and over again"Usage of "both"