roll; roster; inventory; strip; band
price
nexus
pounce
list

Meaning of 'yield'

Meaning of 'joint account' | Idiom: it's your turn
Meaning of 'yield' #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 26, 2005 15:42 pm   Meaning of 'yield'

Test No. incompl/advan-55 "Finance", question 5

The idea caught on very quickly and people were queuing up to buy the goods so that year the company's investment ......... substantial profits.

(a) confirmed
(b) yielded
(c) harvested
(d) maintained

Test No. incompl/advan-55 "Finance", answer 5

The idea caught on very quickly and people were queuing up to buy the goods so that year the company's investment yielded substantial profits.

Correct answer: (b) yielded

The idea caught on very quickly and people were queuing up to buy the goods so that year the company's investment confirmed substantial profits.
_________________________

Hi Teacher,
I would like to know the right meaning of yielded and could you please give us more examples using this expression? Thank you.
Pupil from Brazil

Meaning of 'yield' #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 26, 2005 19:15 pm   Meaning of 'yield'

This means produce often in connection with profits and income.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
At the momentDifference between prior to and beforeMeaning of 'hitchhike'Average incomeIndian words?What does this phrase mean: "the person in the house next to mine"?Difference between reveal and exposemeaning of revolvingMeaning of 'storage'difference between quickly and utterlymeaning of ApplicationExpression: It's about timeMeaning of 'with a pinch of salt'