Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

possible; capable of becoming; able to be
plane
introductory
potential
fussy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

There is and there are...

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Should we say a teacher goes to school or goes to the school? | it's fruit / these are fruits
listening exercises
There is and there are... #1 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 19:38 pm   There is and there are...

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

148 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

Hello my friends...Here I am again...
When I have to explain the use of there is and there are I usually say that there is is for singular and uncountable things, and there are for plural, but for couple of times I have found myself tinking about it because sometimes in my concept it would be one and in the text I see the other,...am I wrong in my concept or there are different situations for the use of it.
tks a lot have a nice week everyone...
Elaine
Elaine Mesquita
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

There is and there are... #2 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 23:42 pm   There is and there are...

Sometimes notional accord with the predicate dominates, but your rule generally holds.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
There is and there are... #3 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 pm   There is and there are...

ok thanks a lot...
Elaine
Elaine Mesquita
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Should we say a teacher goes to school or goes to the school? | it's fruit / these are fruits
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
business vs industryMeaning of the word customizeextraordinary vs extra ordinaryHow I can understand run and make idiomsWhen to use on, in, and at when writing English?Questions in a restaurant/at a store (2)Could I say 'work report'?how many strokesgift is a verbDifference between to you, for you, for me, to me?Sentence: Motivation to wrok is created by the satisfaction of the individual'sWhat is the meaning of parasise?I will attend an English course?