possible; capable of becoming; able to be
plane
introductory
potential
fussy

There is and there are...

Should we say a teacher goes to school or goes to the school? | it's fruit / these are fruits
There is and there are... #1 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 19:38 pm   There is and there are...

Hello my friends...Here I am again...
When I have to explain the use of there is and there are I usually say that there is is for singular and uncountable things, and there are for plural, but for couple of times I have found myself tinking about it because sometimes in my concept it would be one and in the text I see the other,...am I wrong in my concept or there are different situations for the use of it.
tks a lot have a nice week everyone...
Elaine
Elaine Mesquita

Location: Brazil

There is and there are... #2 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 23:42 pm   There is and there are...

.
Sometimes notional accord with the predicate dominates, but your rule generally holds.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
There is and there are... #3 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 pm   There is and there are...

ok thanks a lot...
Elaine
Elaine Mesquita

Location: Brazil

business vs industryMeaning of the word customizeextraordinary vs extra ordinaryHow I can understand run and make idiomsWhen to use on, in, and at when writing English?Questions in a restaurant/at a store (2)Could I say 'work report'?how many strokesgift is a verbDifference between to you, for you, for me, to me?Sentence: Motivation to wrok is created by the satisfaction of the individual'sWhat is the meaning of parasise?I will attend an English course?