Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

defense; shelter; safety
enlightenment
protection
survey
removal
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Questions in a restaurant/at a store (2)

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
how many strokes | Should we say a teacher goes to school or goes to the school?
listening exercises
Questions in a restaurant/at a store (2) #1 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 7:03 am   Questions in a restaurant/at a store (2)

Hi,

Questions again.

1) When you go to a restaurant, you want to know a menu you choose is enough for 2 people. I mean, the quantity of the food is enough for 2 persons. Then... what would you say to the waiter? "Is this/it enough for 2?" Are there any ways to ask that?

2) At a gift shop, you want to know what dolls or stuffed toys are popular and well sold. Then, you ask, "Would you recommend three kinds of dolls (or stuffed toys) which are popular and well sold?" What other ways to say that?

I would like to know the typical ways to say that- maybe more simple than what I wrote above.

Thanks,
sweetpumpkin
Sweetpumpkin
I'm here quite often ;-)

Questions in a restaurant/at a store (2) #2 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 7:32 am   Questions in a restaurant/at a store (2)

1) Will this serve two?

2) Which are the 3 most sold dolls (stuffed toys)?

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
how many strokes | Should we say a teacher goes to school or goes to the school?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of the word customizeextraordinary vs extra ordinaryHow I can understand run and make idiomsWhen to use on, in, and at when writing English?Could I say 'work report'?Difference between to you, for you, for me, to me?There is and there are...Sentence: Motivation to wrok is created by the satisfaction of the individual'sWhat is the meaning of parasise?I will attend an English course?Look for in 'Can you help me look for my keys?'difference "at me" and "to me"Had forgotten or had forgot