to stand up; to get into an upright position; to climb; to ascend
attempt
justify
screen
rise

when do we use although and because?

'hard core' vs 'hard up' vs 'hard sell' vs 'hard court' | What is the meaning of "looking after"?
when do we use although and because? #1 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 2:53 am   when do we use although and because?

ESL/EFL Test #171 "Common subordinating conjunctions", question 1

Builders use plywood in the construction of small boats ......... it is easy to shape.

(a) although
(b) because
(c) after
(d) while

ESL/EFL Test #171 "Common subordinating conjunctions", answer 1

Builders use plywood in the construction of small boats because it is easy to shape.

Correct answer: (b) because
_________________________

when do we use although and because?
Wisemarie

when do we use although and because? #2 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 5:30 am   when do we use although and because?

That's self-evident.

Builders won't use oak in the construction of small boats although it is easy to shape.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is a janitor?What is a barista?Meaning of diagnosed?What is a sophomore?Meaning of capstoneWhy is it called soup kitchen for needy?Difference between solitary and lonelyI didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence!What is a janitor?Question tag: isn't she?What does inaccurate mean?What does "piles" mean?Difference between emigrate, immigrate and migrate?