to occupy; to live in; to dwell in; to reside in; to populate
phone
exit
inhabit
edge

What is the meaning of "looking after"?

when do we use although and because? | I didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence!
What is the meaning of "looking after"? #1 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 5:24 am   What is the meaning of "looking after"?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", question 9

Q. Well of course the classes here usually have about thirty children on average. How do you manage as a teacher looking about that number?

(a) thirty
(b) a
(c) about

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", answer 9

Q. Well of course the classes here usually have about thirty children on average. How do you manage as a teacher looking after that number?

Correct entry: after
The error was: (c) about

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
Q. Well of course the classes here usually have about thirty children on average. How do you manage as a teacher looking on that number?
_________________________

What is the meaning of "looking after"
Frank Stern

Location: Mexico

What is the meaning of "looking after"? #2 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 7:51 am   What is the meaning of "looking after"?

.
Look after = supervise, take care of.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is a janitor?What is a barista?Meaning of diagnosed?What is a sophomore?Meaning of capstoneWhy is it called soup kitchen for needy?Difference between solitary and lonelyWhat is a janitor?Question tag: isn't she?'hard core' vs 'hard up' vs 'hard sell' vs 'hard court'What does inaccurate mean?What does "piles" mean?What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'?