Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to go after and bring back; to pick up; to charm
fetch
extend
resign
part
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence!

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is the meaning of "looking after"? | What is a janitor?
listening exercises
I didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence! #1 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 16:25 pm   I didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence!

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Real Life: Occupations (2)", question 1

My friend is a school ......... driver. She picks up children on her daily route. She drives them to school safely in the morning and then she picks them up again in the afternoon once they've finished school.

(a) truck
(b) bus
(c) taxi
(d) delivery

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Real Life: Occupations (2)", answer 1

My friend is a school bus driver. She picks up children on her daily route. She drives them to school safely in the morning and then she picks them up again in the afternoon once they've finished school.

Correct answer: (b) bus

I didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence "My friend is a school bus driver".

Hanf
Hanfy

I didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence! #2 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 19:09 pm   I didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence!

Having only "am", "is", and "are" to choose from, then "is" is the the most logical and grammatically correct verb to use in this sentence.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of "looking after"? | What is a janitor?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What is an escrow process?What is a janitor?What is a barista?Meaning of diagnosed?What is a sophomore?Meaning of capstoneWhy is it called soup kitchen for needy?Difference between solitary and lonelyQuestion tag: isn't she?'hard core' vs 'hard up' vs 'hard sell' vs 'hard court'when do we use although and because?What does inaccurate mean?What does "piles" mean?