defense; shelter; safety
enlightenment
protection
survey
removal

Difference between solitary and lonely

What is a janitor? | Why is it called soup kitchen for needy?
Difference between solitary and lonely #1 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 19:32 pm   Difference between solitary and lonely

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #110 "Synonyms for alone and lonesome", question 7

Marion didn't imagine she could ever enjoy those ......... walks in the mountain.

(a) single
(b) solitary
(c) lonesome
(d) alone

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #110 "Synonyms for alone and lonesome", answer 7

Marion didn't imagine she could ever enjoy those solitary walks in the mountain.

Correct answer: (b) solitary

Marion didn't imagine she could ever enjoy those lonesome walks in the mountain.
_________________________

whats the difference between solitary and lonely?

Soldier
Soldier

Difference between solitary and lonely #2 (permalink) Thu May 28, 2009 1:53 am   Difference between solitary and lonely

.
'Solitary' has little emotional content; it simple means 'without another person'; 'lonely' implies that another person's company is desired.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
A slang expression that means 'great cooking'?nephews refer to my bro/sist' kids?What is an escrow process?What is a janitor?What is a barista?Meaning of diagnosed?What is a sophomore?Meaning of capstoneI didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence!What is the meaning of "looking after"?Question tag: isn't she?'hard core' vs 'hard up' vs 'hard sell' vs 'hard court'when do we use although and because?