to connect; to join; to link
couple
object
advantage
disturb

In front of vs. before

a person himself/herself/them... OR what? | who's calling?
In front of vs. before #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 27, 2005 19:47 pm   In front of vs. before

Test No. errors/inter-12 "Some Advice", question 2

You can buy a newspaper at that little kiosk on the corner which is right before the cinema.

(a) can buy
(b) at
(c) on
(d) before

Test No. errors/inter-12 "Some Advice", answer 2

You can buy a newspaper at that little kiosk on the corner which is right in front of the cinema.

Correct entry: in front of
The error was: (d) before
_________________________

what do u mean by that?

alaba
alaba

Before #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 27, 2005 20:00 pm   Before

Before is usually with time and in front of with place as here.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
on/at "the corner" #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 23:11 pm   on/at "the corner"

Hello all,

It is correct to use "at the corner".

Why we use "on the corner" here?

Thanks in advance...
Jon

In front of vs. before #4 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:24 pm   In front of vs. before

Hmm, this sentence is a littly ambiguous. The way i understood it, the kiosk is before the cinema if you walked there. In the sense of giving directions to someone. So the kiosk would be next to or nearby the cinema but not in front of it. Anything wrong with interpretation?
Samesame

In front of vs. before #5 (permalink) Fri Mar 25, 2011 13:35 pm   In front of vs. before

"You can buy a newspaper at that little shop/kiosk at the corner which is right in front of the cinema-theater."
Is this sentence fully correct?
Hanifasmm

In front of vs. before #6 (permalink) Fri Mar 25, 2011 18:06 pm   In front of vs. before

Samesame wrote:

"right in front of" = in front of it, not next to it.
"right before you reach" would mean that it was near the cinema but you would get to the kiosk before you got to the cinema.
_________________

In front of vs. before #7 (permalink) Fri Mar 25, 2011 18:08 pm   In front of vs. before

"cinema-theater" sounds odd. Use one or the other but don't combine them. Other than that, it only required a comma before 'which'.
_________________

go out into the woods or go back into the woods?that's final vs. that's concludedWhat is a defendant?an attack of influenzathat sort of behaviouracross boundaries.at a moment's noticethe happiest moment of my lifeBasic Grammar Exercises (6)there was not much roomEvery time I turn around,Memory vs memopersevere vs. pursue