Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

type; kind; character; manner; quality
flaw
sort
programmer
desk
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How long does the title search take?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Capable of and able to | File up an application for
listening exercises
How long does the title search take? #1 (permalink) Fri May 29, 2009 22:03 pm   How long does the title search take?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #606 "Real Life: Real Estate (1)", question 3

Before I agree to buy your house, I want to wait for the results of the ......... search to come back. Not that I don't trust you, I just want to make sure the house is fully owned by you and there are no liens attached to the property.

(a) owner
(b) settlement
(c) certificate
(d) title

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #606 "Real Life: Real Estate (1)", answer 3

Before I agree to buy your house, I want to wait for the results of the title search to come back. Not that I don't trust you, I just want to make sure the house is fully owned by you and there are no liens attached to the property.

Correct answer: (d) title

So the title search is the process of confirming that a person is the legitimate owner of a house? How long does this usually take? Thanks!
WhiteRussian
I'm here quite often ;-)

How long does the title search take? #2 (permalink) Sat May 30, 2009 3:54 am   How long does the title search take?

Yes, the title search tells the potential buyers who actually owns the house and if there are any liens on it as well. Sometimes, it can be done in a couple of days but it depends on how busy the offices are and the waiting period can vary from city to city.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
How long does the title search take? #3 (permalink) Thu May 24, 2012 10:28 am   How long does the title search take?

title-search is not listed ,even in Oxford Advanced Dic.i think it must be a brand-new word.Quite frankly, "owner search" makes a lot of sense to me.Is is possible to use owner search in that case. Thanks
Lucas Tun
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How long does the title search take? #4 (permalink) Thu May 24, 2012 14:23 pm   How long does the title search take?

Hi Lucas,

You need to start googling terms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_search

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a marine biology class
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

How long does the title search take? #5 (permalink) Fri May 25, 2012 9:30 am   How long does the title search take?

Hello, Sir "Title search" makes a lot of sense to me ,now thanks to you. I never know googling can be so helpful.
Lucas Tun
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Capable of and able to | File up an application for
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
curb appealon walk-ins and reach-ins???proof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanksmeaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.everyday vs every dayWhat is a recliner?What is ice hockey?What is a bat?What is the meaning of hikes?What does the expression "find the way out" mean?looking up information"expand on" versus "spread out"'surprised at how many' instead of 'surprised how many'