person or business that sells goods to final consumers
retailer
persistence
clip
rise

Meaning of barist/barista?

Equivalent vs. comparable | Expression: To earn a nickel
Meaning of barist/barista? #1 (permalink) Sun May 31, 2009 15:19 pm   Meaning of barist/barista?

ESL/EFL Test #726 "Real Life: Occupations (3)", question 1

Thomas is a .......... He works in a retail shop that sells meat products such as steaks, roasts and ribs. He first cuts the meat and than packages the separate cuts for customers who come into the shop.

(a) barista
(b) butcher
(c) boxer
(d) builder

ESL/EFL Test #726 "Real Life: Occupations (3)", answer 1

Thomas is a butcher. He works in a retail shop that sells meat products such as steaks, roasts and ribs. He first cuts the meat and than packages the separate cuts for customers who come into the shop.

Correct answer: (b) butcher

Thomas is a barista. He works in a retail shop that sells meat products such as steaks, roasts and ribs. He first cuts the meat and than packages the separate cuts for customers who come into the shop.
_________________________

hey sir,i have a question which is whats the meaning of "barist"...?i looked it up and couldnt find an answer....thanx

Guryl
Guryl

Meaning of barist/barista? #2 (permalink) Sun May 31, 2009 18:14 pm   Meaning of barist/barista?

I think Anrea has already answered this earlier in the week.

Someone who is experienced in the forms of Expresso coffee I think was the answer.

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what does stanza mean?Can I get the information about the confused words?Meaning of 'Come again'Meaning of 'Like two peas in a pod'Meaning of 'buy some more time'Meaning of 'Send the wrong message'reconfirm vs. rebookWhat does FSCM stand for?"conference call" vs "meeting call"Meaning of sergeantA slang expression that means 'great cooking'?nephews refer to my bro/sist' kids?What is an escrow process?