substitution of a milder or socially acceptable word or phrase
euphemism
cloture
curmudgeon
adversary

Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT®...

GMAT Practice tests Increase your GMAT test score with
plus 1.400 GMAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community
online Universities for MBA? | GRE® or GMAT® in my case. please help me!!!
Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT... #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 am   Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT...

I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT. Unfortunately I was barely able to cross the 600+ mark. The results were dismal compared to the labour that I had put in. This has shattered my confidence. However, I have picked myself up and plan to give it another try this year. I need some sure-success mantra.
Brice

Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT... #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:53 am   Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT...

can any one tell me some tips to enrich vocabulary. :?
Rosee

GMAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 280 free GMAT Vocabulary TestsGMAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GMAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGMAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GMAT vocabulary words you need to pass the GMAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT... #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 28, 2009 0:10 am   Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT...

Brice wrote:

I would be very excited for those scores. I am planning on spendinfg the next 6 months in preparation but i need help with even the basic, any suggestion. The classes do not help me yet because i am so "rusty"
Snatty

Location: New York

Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT... #4 (permalink) Thu Feb 03, 2011 22:43 pm   Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT...

I think that the attitude you have approaching this second attempt is already a great step to succeeding! Sometimes we are taken slightly off gaurd when it comes to test taking, particularly when it is a very defining exam. Now, though, you have some experience with the format, timing, and sections of the test. This should be helpful when you are going through the exam for a second time. Continue with the rigorous preparation just as you did the first time you were taking the exam and I think you should definitely see an improvement in your scores! Best of luck on your second round!
Chocolatte

Learning words #5 (permalink) Mon Feb 21, 2011 21:17 pm   Learning words

One way to learn tough words is to create links to the word from various approach, from thesaurus / images / mnemonics etc.
There has been various sites that can help you to practice the new words you learned.
Shivgan3

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GMAT Test Forums
Online / Mobile Test Prep??How to prepare for my MBA?Statement of Purpose Sample for all programStatement of Purpose for Finance (sample)GMAT® issue essayThere is only one definition of success—to be able to spend your life in your owncompared to versus when compared toPlease review the topic and suggest me any modifications are required.GMAT® essay on topic: Global Financial CrisisScored 780 in GMAT®Require GMAT® and TOEFL® material ASAP!ebook link to download the Gmat® official ReviewAsking for GMAT® materials except from Mba.com website is an offence!