not healthful; not clean
exact
contemporary
smart
unsanitary

"conference call" vs "meeting call"

Expression: To earn a nickel | What does FSCM stand for?
"conference call" vs "meeting call" #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2009 15:46 pm   "conference call" vs "meeting call"

ESL/EFL Test #605 "Real Life: Telecommunications (2)", question 1

Hi Honey, I am just calling to say I love you quickly and will call back later. I have a ......... call I have to be on in ten minutes. The manager from each division will be a part of it as will the CEO. I've got to go now and prepare for it.

(a) communal
(b) group
(c) conference
(d) meeting

ESL/EFL Test #605 "Real Life: Telecommunications (2)", answer 1

Hi Honey, I am just calling to say I love you quickly and will call back later. I have a conference call I have to be on in ten minutes. The manager from each division will be a part of it as will the CEO. I've got to go now and prepare for it.

Correct answer: (c) conference

Hi Honey, I am just calling to say I love you quickly and will call back later. I have a meeting call I have to be on in ten minutes. The manager from each division will be a part of it as will the CEO. I've got to go now and prepare for it.
_________________________

why not a meeting call....!!!!!?
whats the difference please..?

Kirko
Kirko

"conference call" vs "meeting call" #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2009 16:54 pm   "conference call" vs "meeting call"

There is no such thing as a 'meeting call'.

A meeting is just that, a gathering of people.

A 'conference call' is where people in different locations talk on the phone to each other.
_________________
No comment
Shyone

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what is the meaning of defective?what does stanza mean?"a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?Can I get the information about the confused words?Meaning of 'Come again'Meaning of 'Like two peas in a pod'Meaning of 'buy some more time'Meaning of 'Send the wrong message'reconfirm vs. rebookMeaning of barist/barista?Meaning of sergeantA slang expression that means 'great cooking'?nephews refer to my bro/sist' kids?