Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

not healthful; not clean
exact
contemporary
smart
unsanitary
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"conference call" vs "meeting call"

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Expression: To earn a nickel | What does FSCM stand for?
listening exercises
"conference call" vs "meeting call" #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2009 15:46 pm   "conference call" vs "meeting call"

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #605 "Real Life: Telecommunications (2)", question 1

Hi Honey, I am just calling to say I love you quickly and will call back later. I have a ......... call I have to be on in ten minutes. The manager from each division will be a part of it as will the CEO. I've got to go now and prepare for it.

(a) communal
(b) group
(c) conference
(d) meeting

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #605 "Real Life: Telecommunications (2)", answer 1

Hi Honey, I am just calling to say I love you quickly and will call back later. I have a conference call I have to be on in ten minutes. The manager from each division will be a part of it as will the CEO. I've got to go now and prepare for it.

Correct answer: (c) conference

Your answer was: incorrect
Hi Honey, I am just calling to say I love you quickly and will call back later. I have a meeting call I have to be on in ten minutes. The manager from each division will be a part of it as will the CEO. I've got to go now and prepare for it.

why not a meeting call....!!!!!?
whats the difference please..?

Kirko
Kirko

"conference call" vs "meeting call" #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2009 16:54 pm   "conference call" vs "meeting call"

There is no such thing as a 'meeting call'.

A meeting is just that, a gathering of people.

A 'conference call' is where people in different locations talk on the phone to each other.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Expression: To earn a nickel | What does FSCM stand for?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
what is the meaning of defective?what does stanza mean?"a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?Can I get the information about the confused words?Meaning of 'Come again'Meaning of 'Like two peas in a pod'Meaning of 'buy some more time'Meaning of 'Send the wrong message'reconfirm vs. rebookMeaning of barist/barista?Meaning of sergeantA slang expression that means 'great cooking'?nephews refer to my bro/sist' kids?