to realize; to make a reality; to accomplish; to complete; to execute
exit
fulfill
delegate
disrupt

Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum'

Is how's tricks American English? | English Grammar Exercises::Advanced Tests::Naples, Italy
Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum' #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 04, 2009 17:55 pm   Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum'

ESL/EFL Test #15 "Advertising", question 1

In order to make a sensible ......... among the different vacuum cleaners available, it is important to do some research.

(a) comparing
(b) comparison
(c) compares
(d) comparative

ESL/EFL Test #15 "Advertising", answer 1

In order to make a sensible comparison among the different vacuum cleaners available, it is important to do some research.

Correct answer: (b) comparison
_________________________

Use among?

Korbetha
Korbetha

Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum' #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:53 am   Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum'

Amongst seems more apt, although "between" could also have been used.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum' #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 06, 2010 15:49 pm   Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum'

A B C D E

B is between A and C
C is between B and D
C is among the other letters
among means 'surrounded by sb/sth , in the middle of sb /st '
Lonely8501

appropriate/noble/becomingTest incompl/advan-145, Question 4Would have brought/ Had broughtexplian a sentenceTest incompl/inter-154, Question 7Test incompl/advan-743, Question 1What are the Marine Corps?Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?What does in your face mean?What does "clingy" mean?What does 'A little long in the tooth for all this' mean?"with cash" vs "in cash"