plan; idea; thought; structure; system
item
spy
concept
recruit

Meaning of 'buy some more time'

Meaning of 'Like two peas in a pod' | Can I get the information about the confused words?
Meaning of 'buy some more time' #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:55 am   Meaning of 'buy some more time'

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #2 "Send the right message", question 10

He prefers to buy some more time by not deciding yet.

(a) to pay a little longer
(b) to get a better price
(c) to pay a little later
(d) to delay a little longer

ESL/EFL Test #2 "Send the right message", answer 10

He prefers to delay a little longer by not deciding yet.

Correct answer: (d) to delay a little longer
_________________________

can u explain more?

Jelley
Jelley

Meaning of 'buy some more time' #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:46 am   Meaning of 'buy some more time'

If you want to 'buy some more time', it means you want to wait a lttle longer before you make a decision.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Phrase: I wonder if the store I bought it at carries the newest models.Sentence: Personalize it depending on each personality and charactersWhat is a pro forma invoice?Usage of "off" - I get two days off.Are you still there today June 2009 the 8th?what is the meaning of defective?what does stanza mean?"a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?Meaning of 'Come again'Meaning of 'Send the wrong message'reconfirm vs. rebookWhat does FSCM stand for?"conference call" vs "meeting call"