Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to terminate; to end; to destroy; to defeat; to complete
trustee
finish
broker
join
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
what is the meaning of defective? | What is a pro forma invoice?
listening exercises
"a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:14 am   "a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #652 "English Slang Idioms (394)", question 3

"Is Karl an idiot? He keeps saying that we should reject my plan and adopt his. His is the same as mine! It's six of one and half a ......... of the other!" Greg blurted.

(a) score
(b) pack
(c) case
(d) dozen

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #652 "English Slang Idioms (394)", answer 3

"Is Karl an idiot? He keeps saying that we should reject my plan and adopt his. His is the same as mine! It's six of one and half a dozen of the other!" Greg blurted.

Correct answer: (d) dozen

Is it correct to say a dozen of bananas or a dozen bananas?
Or even both are correct, is there a rule for that?
Kwauk
Kwauk

"a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 08, 2009 13:47 pm   "a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?

Only 'a dozen bananas'.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what is the meaning of defective? | What is a pro forma invoice?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Why use "running against" in this sentence?Meaning of "cable service"Organisations that were plotting to overthrow the kind were destroyed root and...Phrase: I wonder if the store I bought it at carries the newest models.Sentence: Personalize it depending on each personality and charactersUsage of "off" - I get two days off.Are you still there today June 2009 the 8th?what does stanza mean?Can I get the information about the confused words?Meaning of 'Come again'Meaning of 'Like two peas in a pod'Meaning of 'buy some more time'Meaning of 'Send the wrong message'