Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

having a specified height; difficult to believe; exaggerated; challenging
contrary
valuable
tall
fellow
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Curves in the bodywork

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I need some advice, please! | My husband was brought up by his grandparents?
listening exercises
Curves in the bodywork #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 01, 2005 21:03 pm   Curves in the bodywork

Test No. errors/inter-7 "Her latest book", question 6

The reason why I like those huge American cars is because they all have very attractive bends in the bodywork.

(a) reason
(b) those
(c) bends
(d) bodywork

Test No. errors/inter-7 "Her latest book", answer 6

The reason why I like those huge American cars is because they all have very attractive curves in the bodywork.

Correct entry: curves
The error was: (c) bends

You have not found the error.
The reason why I like those huge American cars is because they all have very attractive bends in the bodywork.

I don't understand this sentence... what is it meaning?
vanessa

American cars #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 01, 2005 21:34 pm   American cars

The speaker likes American cars because of their shape - the lines are not straight because they are rounded and have curves in them rather like the lines in the wave in the sea. If a road twists and turns and you see it on a map the lines would have many curves.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Curves in the bodywork #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 19, 2012 20:59 pm   Curves in the bodywork

"Because" need to replace by "THAT"
*pushkar*

Curves in the bodywork #4 (permalink) Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:46 pm   Curves in the bodywork

*pushkar* wrote:
"Because" need to replace by "THAT"

I'm not sure about that. I'm happy with "because".
)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Curves in the bodywork #5 (permalink) Wed Mar 21, 2012 16:17 pm   Curves in the bodywork

'Bends' in the bodywork suggests to me that the car has been in an accident and is damaged.
Iowtrish
I'm here quite often ;-)

Curves in the bodywork #6 (permalink) Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:30 am   Curves in the bodywork

I sort of like the alliteration though - "There's nothing wrong with a few bends in the bodywork".
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

I need some advice, please! | My husband was brought up by his grandparents?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
sentence structure comprehension - questionPlease let us know if of interest.Can you correct this sentence?meaning of "result in any way from a disease that does"?society tends to be much more mobileWhat is the difference between look and see?Usage of "say" and "tell"Difference between plenty of and abundantMeaning of 'get up'I can speak French...What does this expression mean: Behind the times?It's high time...What does this phrase mean: 'for ages'? Why don't we use an article here?