Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to stand in line; to make a row
accompany
decline
enlarge
queues
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

what is the meaning of defective?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
what does stanza mean? | "a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?
listening exercises
what is the meaning of defective? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 pm   what is the meaning of defective?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #730 "Real Life: Returns and Refunds (1)", question 1

I just bought a new CD player the other day but it's ......... so I'm going to take it back tomorrow.

(a) contracted
(b) defective
(c) ideal
(d) flawless

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #730 "Real Life: Returns and Refunds (1)", answer 1

I just bought a new CD player the other day but it's defective so I'm going to take it back tomorrow.

Correct answer: (b) defective

what is the meaning of defective?

Irmaz
Irmaz

what is the meaning of defective? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 08, 2009 13:46 pm   what is the meaning of defective?

Don't you have a DICTIONARY, Irmaz?

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what does stanza mean? | "a dozen of bananas" or "a dozen bananas"?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Meaning of "cable service"Organisations that were plotting to overthrow the kind were destroyed root and...Phrase: I wonder if the store I bought it at carries the newest models.Sentence: Personalize it depending on each personality and charactersWhat is a pro forma invoice?Usage of "off" - I get two days off.Are you still there today June 2009 the 8th?Can I get the information about the confused words?Meaning of 'Come again'Meaning of 'Like two peas in a pod'Meaning of 'buy some more time'Meaning of 'Send the wrong message'reconfirm vs. rebook