could be; might be; may be
possible
intermittent
committed
kind

Expression 'Cash in hand'

Difference between balance and cost | Meaning of "Cash flow problems"
Expression 'Cash in hand' #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 am   Expression 'Cash in hand'

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Money", question 1

It's useful when you go to an auction if you're ready with cash in ..........

(a) pocket
(b) purse
(c) case
(d) hand

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Money", answer 1

It's useful when you go to an auction if you're ready with cash in hand.

Correct answer: (d) hand

It's useful when you go to an auction if you're ready with cash in pocket.
_________________________

Cash in hand - is that an idiom??? What does it mean? thanks

Marfey
Marfey

Expression 'Cash in hand' #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 am   Expression 'Cash in hand'

'Cash in hand' is an expression suggesting money (actually coins or paper notes) that you have available to pay for something.

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Expression 'Cash in hand' #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 pm   Expression 'Cash in hand'

cash in hand (British English, informal) if you pay for goods and services cash in hand, you pay in cash, especially so that the person being paid can avoid paying tax on the amount
-a cash-in-hand payment of 20
cash on delivery (abbr. COD) a system of paying for goods when they are delivered
_________________

The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agencyEven though he and her mother were all hunky dory againn the United States, a 401K plan allows a person to save for his/her retirementIf a company announces a recall, that means there is something wrong...Referring to animals with its/his/her?why not we use the verb abandon?Difference between travel and tripSlowdown vs. slownessmeaning of ShortfallDifference between pay cash and pay in cashWhat is a 'lump sum'?question responsesWhat's the simple past form of 'must'?