Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to accuse; to admonish
reprove
schedule
abolish
guarantee
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Phrase: There's no such thing

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of bond (It is a paper certificate that is issued by the Government...) | What does "greasy spoon" mean?
listening exercises
Phrase: There's no such thing #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 22, 2009 22:20 pm   Phrase: There's no such thing

Hi
Can anybody explain me what the phrase "there's no such things" means?
Thanks.
Mia
Mia1977
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

There's no such thing #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:46 am   There's no such thing

It means it is a fallacy. Like a unicorn, or a ghost, or a fairy.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of bond (It is a paper certificate that is issued by the Government...) | What does "greasy spoon" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Meaning of purrWhat does 'I can't stomach this' mean?What does "averse" mean?What qualities require to be a core collecter in banking sector?meaning of swipeWhat's the meaning of 'hors d'oeuvre'? Which language is it coming from?Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now"Why "shouldered" is used in this sentence?Phrase: He mouths all of the words to me. He's so cute!Sentence "I only have some dollars"Why those and not these?Expression: Who wants?Meaning of "individual satisfaction"