fee for sending letters or packages by mail
postage
conversation
customs
duration

Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now"

What qualities require to be a core collecter in banking sector? | What does "averse" mean?
Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now" #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 am   Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now"

ESL/EFL Test #723 "Real Life: Using Body Parts as Verbs (3)", question 8

"You soldiers better ......... that line right now," yelled the sergeant. He wanted everyone to line up, perfectly, at the morning formation.

(a) toe
(b) nose
(c) elbow
(d) palm

ESL/EFL Test #723 "Real Life: Using Body Parts as Verbs (3)", answer 8

"You soldiers better toe that line right now," yelled the sergeant. He wanted everyone to line up, perfectly, at the morning formation.

Correct answer: (a) toe

_________________________

Why use "toe"in this sentence?
Mickey

Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now" #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 am   Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now"

Toe–verb (used with object)
10. to touch or reach with the toes: 'The pitcher toed the mound, wound up, and threw a fastball'.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now" #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 14:43 pm   Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now"

Good afternoon Mr. Micawber and Mickey. An alternative would be the the Sergeant wanted the soldiers to " right-dress", which is an action taken by the whole line to ensure that they are dead straight when viewed along the length of the line.
" Toe the line" ....... get it dead straight, as though there was a line drawn on the ground.

Kitos. ( ex-Sergeant.)
_________________

Which preposition followed by "throw"?Record vs. recordsUser friendly vs. compatibleMeaning of purrWhat does 'I can't stomach this' mean?meaning of swipeWhat's the meaning of 'hors d'oeuvre'? Which language is it coming from?Why "shouldered" is used in this sentence?Phrase: He mouths all of the words to me. He's so cute!What does "greasy spoon" mean?Meaning of bond (It is a paper certificate that is issued by the Government...)Phrase: There's no such thingSentence "I only have some dollars"