to pave the way; to create a path; to guide; to initiate; to originate
lock
firm
pioneer
pounce

What does "averse" mean?

Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now" | What does 'I can't stomach this' mean?
What does "averse" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 16:41 pm   What does "averse" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #569 "Scandinavian Capital Market", question 3

In today's globalized age, issuers and investors both want and need deep, liquid markets operating at the lowest possible cost in the most risk-......... and efficient fashion.

(a) allergic
(b) averse
(c) avoidant
(d) aware

ESL/EFL Test #569 "Scandinavian Capital Market", answer 3

In today's globalized age, issuers and investors both want and need deep, liquid markets operating at the lowest possible cost in the most risk-averse and efficient fashion.

Correct answer: (b) averse

In today's globalized age, issuers and investors both want and need deep, liquid markets operating at the lowest possible cost in the most risk-aware and efficient fashion.
_________________________

what does " averse" mean?
Aver

What does "averse" mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 17:32 pm   What does "averse" mean?

'Averse' suggests 'against' or 'not in favour of'.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does "penetrate" mean?Which preposition followed by "throw"?Record vs. recordsUser friendly vs. compatibleMeaning of purrWhat qualities require to be a core collecter in banking sector?meaning of swipeWhat's the meaning of 'hors d'oeuvre'? Which language is it coming from?Why "shouldered" is used in this sentence?Phrase: He mouths all of the words to me. He's so cute!What does "greasy spoon" mean?Meaning of bond (It is a paper certificate that is issued by the Government...)Phrase: There's no such thing