short informational periodical that is usually distributed to the members of an interest group
newsletter
measurement
mend
president

What does 'I can't stomach this' mean?

What does "averse" mean? | meaning of swipe
What does 'I can't stomach this' mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 17:28 pm   What does 'I can't stomach this' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #721 "Real Life: Using Body Parts as Verbs (1)", question 7

I can't ......... all of the gory details. Please leave out all of the gruesome parts and get to the point.

(a) stomach
(b) foot
(c) arm
(d) neck

ESL/EFL Test #721 "Real Life: Using Body Parts as Verbs (1)", answer 7

I can't stomach all of the gory details. Please leave out all of the gruesome parts and get to the point.

Correct answer: (a) stomach

I can't arm all of the gory details. Please leave out all of the gruesome parts and get to the point.
_________________________

What's the meaning of the above statements?
Svitlana_Morokhovych

What does 'I can't stomach this' mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 17:49 pm   What does 'I can't stomach this' mean?

Hello Svitlana, He is saying that to hear such gory details makes him feel unwell. He is very sensitive to violence and such.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does "penetrate" mean?Which preposition followed by "throw"?Record vs. recordsUser friendly vs. compatibleMeaning of purrWhat qualities require to be a core collecter in banking sector?What's the meaning of 'hors d'oeuvre'? Which language is it coming from?Phrase "You soldiers better toe that line right now"Why "shouldered" is used in this sentence?Phrase: He mouths all of the words to me. He's so cute!What does "greasy spoon" mean?Meaning of bond (It is a paper certificate that is issued by the Government...)Phrase: There's no such thing