a complete series of connected military operations
campaign
eulogy
resurrection
perjury

A big gap between SATŪ math and critical reading sections

SAT Practice tests Increase your SAT test score with
plus 5.000 SAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test
Am I in trouble? I'm about to take the SATII Chem. | PSAT practice tests?
A big gap between SAT math and critical reading sections #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:51 am   A big gap between SAT math and critical reading sections

I just took a Kaplan's New SAT practice test and I scored 800 on math but 500 something on critical reading. I hope to do something humanitie in college, not boring science and math. I wonder what would colleges think if did that on the actual test, which seems most likely to happen?
Cooliegirly

A big gap between math and critical reading sections #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:08 am   A big gap between math and critical reading sections

I would do a bunch of Critical Reading passages, take it slow, and figure out what why certain answers are such.

You'll be better at it gradually. Just remember, one wrong word, and the whole answer is wrong.

Also, don't try to look for the right answer. Look for the wrong ones, and eliminate them.
Kokoling

SAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 1002 free SAT Vocabulary TestsSAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise SAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportSAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential SAT vocabulary words you need to pass the SAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
A big gap between math and critical reading sections #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:40 am   A big gap between math and critical reading sections

cooliegirly, imagine that you've taken the SAT in your language (that means all hateful and longwinded passages are written in your mother tongue).
You score a 500-550. Do you think you are a great writer??? Remember that you are applying to an American university and you want to study humanities. Therefore, your English must be adequate.
To improve, i think the best way is to memorize 3500 words in Barrons' list. You can also learn words by reading "abstruse" newspapers like NY Times, New Yorker and much more!
answerer

A big gap between math and critical reading sections #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:53 am   A big gap between math and critical reading sections

Yea, I think my problem is that I don't know enough vocabulary.
Cooliegirly

A big gap between math and critical reading sections #5 (permalink) Mon Oct 24, 2005 19:49 pm   A big gap between math and critical reading sections

To improve, i think the best way is to memorize 3500 words in Barrons' list

can i find this list free on the internet?

SAT vocabular #6 (permalink) Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:19 am   SAT vocabular

Yes... look at www.freevocabulary.com

There is a link there to d/l the words to your TI calculator for free as opposed to sites that charge $10 or more for "common hot words" lists.
Ace

A big gap between math and critical reading sections #7 (permalink) Wed Nov 09, 2005 20:54 pm   A big gap between math and critical reading sections

Or you can borrow a Barron's How to Prepare for SAT I at your local library.
Cooliegirly

A big gap between math and critical reading sections #8 (permalink) Sun Jun 04, 2006 0:47 am   A big gap between math and critical reading sections

Very funny! that is if you can find it. It wasn't the case for me. I borrowed the all new Barron's book from my kind math teacher.
I'm not saying this too denounce anyone but isn't downloading words to your TI calculator cheating--if you bring and use that calculator at the test center. If I had known this before, I would have done it myself. I'm certain I wouldn't get caught. Yet looking up words would greatly slow me down. Anyways study as many words as you can from the list. Although I haven't succeeded myself--I tried but gave up--I'm certain some "freaks" did. Good job you who have done so; how I envy you.
Stefuncm5

Location: Brooklyn, New York

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on SAT Test Forums
SATŪ and A-level exams as English proficiency testsSATŪ CertificatesSample satŪ test without registrationShould anyone find good SATŪ exam in online?How can I prepare for the SATŪ exam?Tips for the SATŪ?SATŪ Subject TestSATŪ: what has changed in 15 years?In about a month (May 7) I am going to take the SATsWhat does SATŪ mean?What do you think of my SATŪ Scores?PSAT/SATŪ Prep SoftwareHow long have you been preparing for the SATŪ?