action; step; criterion; amount; degree; extent
component
address
imagination
measure

What's the meaning of batting an eyelid?

Difference between skating and skiing | What is the meaning of gasket?
What's the meaning of batting an eyelid? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:37 am   What's the meaning of batting an eyelid?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #3 "Lucky Alex", question 5

What happened was that the stupid animal took fright halfway through the course and without batting an eyelid decided to go back to the start.

(a) taking a chance
(b) turning round
(c) looking
(d) worrying at all

ESL/EFL Test #3 "Lucky Alex", answer 5

What happened was that the stupid animal took fright halfway through the course and without worrying at all decided to go back to the start.

Correct answer: (d) worrying at all
_________________________

what's the meaning of batting an eyelid? thanks.
Bettyme

What's the meaning of batting an eyelid? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:49 am   What's the meaning of batting an eyelid?

Blinking
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What's the meaning of batting an eyelid? #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:39 am   What's the meaning of batting an eyelid?

It means exactly what it was substituted with in the answer. "To [not] worry at all".

It means that you do something without fearing the consequences.
Skim

What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?contortionist vs. jugglerMeaning of "physical supply chain"Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire""out at sea" vs "out for sea"Meaning of the phrase "make people's day"need doing vs. needs to doMeaning of "policy holder"A question for native speakers of English.What does 'hide' mean?walk the dog?