discharge of blood from a ruptured or wounded blood-vessel
material
missal
drachma
hemorrhage

Question about grade 12 courses (study for the SAT®)

SAT Practice tests Increase your SAT test score with
plus 5.000 SAT word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the SAT® Test
What is the difference between GRE® and SAT®? | Is SAT® Secrets guide good?
Question about grade 12 courses (study for the SAT) #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 14, 2005 21:20 pm   Question about grade 12 courses (study for the SAT)

i'm going into grade 12 next year (senior), in canada. i will be taking 7 academic core subjects, math, pre-calc, social studies, english, bio, chem, physics. I'm in a semester system, so up to 4 cores in 1 semester, and 4 in the other.

Currently i'm leaning towards this setup:

1st semester: math, bio, chem
2nd semester: pre-calc, social, english, physics

the reason is that i want max time to study for the SAT Is in the first semester, so i might be taking a spare (meaning no class in that time slot). Also, i want to take Math 2, bio, and chem for my SAT IIs. I'm going into business/finance in uni.

but heres the thing:

Will by taking only 3 courses in the first semester, therefore only submitting 3 complete marks, make your uni application look bad? like if someone else has 4 marks or whatnot.

Also, would it be wise to take a spare, cause i read from harvard/princeton's sites that they want students who maximize their work load, make me look lazy? or will they not care?

thank you
Ergan
Ergan

Question about grade 12 courses #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:58 am   Question about grade 12 courses

Hey, you don't have to spare so much time for the SAT!!!
Study some vocab (3500 Barrons' words or so) and the New SAT will be a piece of cake. Besides, you are studying in Canada, so SAT words is not a hard problem. As for the SAT II, what you have learnt in school is more than enough.
aaa

SAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 1002 free SAT Vocabulary TestsSAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise SAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportSAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential SAT vocabulary words you need to pass the SAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
Question about grade 12 courses #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 27, 2005 22:40 pm   Question about grade 12 courses

Oh i don't have trouble with words at all... its the other aspects of the test. ie math and whatnot. vocab is the area i have the least problem in.
Joe

Question about grade 12 courses #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:25 am   Question about grade 12 courses

Sorry, I thought your problem was verbal (like almost everyone in my country).
Your case is completely different from mine :D .
sometimes I just want to know a bit more words so that my test scores will look less math-oriented :(.
Don't worry about you math result! Just try doing it carefully and you'll get at least a 780 in math SAT I. For Math SAT II, you can have some questions wrong and still get a 800!
For me, I've always had trouble with "sentence completion" and usually get stuck on the last 2-3 sentences in a section.
ha ha... That's simply because i don't know 4/5 of the answer choices and the only word i know is usually not the right one!!!
What do U mean by "whatnot"?
aaa

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the SAT® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on SAT Test Forums
SAT / ACT helpSAT QAS from 2007-2015. would like to discuss...Real SATs (SAT® QAS), Real PSATs, Real ACTs (ACT TIR) testsIn about a month (May 7) I am going to take the SATsWhat does SAT® mean?PSAT/SAT® Prep SoftwareHow long have you been preparing for the SAT®?Which calculators are acceptable? (SAT® test this morning!)How do i send my sat® scores at Collegeboard?Is Barrons How to prepare for SAT® book realy good at the english section?Need some SAT® practice tests! help!SAT®: before and afterSAT® II math IC/IIC inquiry