obligation; promise
lasting
hesitation
commitment
courier

What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

There is a lot of information | When will we use Which and That? What is the difference?
What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 16:11 pm   What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", question 2

A landlord might ask you for a ......... deposit in order to hold an apartment for you. This means that if you decide that you don't want to rent that specific apartment, you won't get the deposit back.

(a) non-refundable
(b) non-insurable
(c) non-credible
(d) non-fat

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", answer 2

A landlord might ask you for a non-refundable deposit in order to hold an apartment for you. This means that if you decide that you don't want to rent that specific apartment, you won't get the deposit back.

Correct answer: (a) non-refundable

A landlord might ask you for a non-credible deposit in order to hold an apartment for you. This means that if you decide that you don't want to rent that specific apartment, you won't get the deposit back.
_________________________

What does "non-credible" mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?
Please tell me know how to use "non" as a prefix. What does it mean?
Orchid1205

What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 17:07 pm   What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

A none refundable deposit is asked, because the owner could have rented the apartment to another person in the time that he waited for you to decide.

Non-credible would mean without credibility. For example, a known criminal would not be afforded the same credibility as a known honest person during a dispute, or court case.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case? #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 01, 2009 16:59 pm   What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

thank you for your explaining, Kitos.
Orchid1205

What are major financial drivers?What does bottom line mean?What does 'bring forward' mean?I'd simply be lying?What does gride and broom mean?Slang meanings of "nails"Can 'cold calling' be used in a context other than the phone call?was dressed to kill' vs 'wore her worst clothes'worry on or worry about?Sentence: Brazil is a country located in continent called South AmericaWhat does bracelets mean?Meaning of bandwagonMeaning of substance