Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

obligation; promise
lasting
hesitation
commitment
courier
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
There is a lot of information | When will we use Which and That? What is the difference?
listening exercises
What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 16:11 pm   What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", question 2

A landlord might ask you for a ......... deposit in order to hold an apartment for you. This means that if you decide that you don't want to rent that specific apartment, you won't get the deposit back.

(a) non-refundable
(b) non-insurable
(c) non-credible
(d) non-fat

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", answer 2

A landlord might ask you for a non-refundable deposit in order to hold an apartment for you. This means that if you decide that you don't want to rent that specific apartment, you won't get the deposit back.

Correct answer: (a) non-refundable

Your answer was: incorrect
A landlord might ask you for a non-credible deposit in order to hold an apartment for you. This means that if you decide that you don't want to rent that specific apartment, you won't get the deposit back.

What does "non-credible" mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?
Please tell me know how to use "non" as a prefix. What does it mean?
Orchid1205
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 30, 2009 17:07 pm   What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

A none refundable deposit is asked, because the owner could have rented the apartment to another person in the time that he waited for you to decide.

Non-credible would mean without credibility. For example, a known criminal would not be afforded the same credibility as a known honest person during a dispute, or court case.

Kitos.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case? #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 01, 2009 16:59 pm   What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?

thank you for your explaining, Kitos.
Orchid1205
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

There is a lot of information | When will we use Which and That? What is the difference?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What are major financial drivers?What does bottom line mean?What does 'bring forward' mean?I'd simply be lying?What does gride and broom mean?Slang meanings of "nails"Can 'cold calling' be used in a context other than the phone call?was dressed to kill' vs 'wore her worst clothes'worry on or worry about?Sentence: Brazil is a country located in continent called South AmericaWhat does bracelets mean?Meaning of bandwagonMeaning of substance