ball; sphere; planet Earth; world
globe
admission
glove
estate

Story :- The Farmer's Son. (Part 1)

Learn English by email | About Microsoft outlook 2003
Story :- The Farmer's Son. (Part 1) #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 05, 2009 19:28 pm   Story :- The Farmer's Son. (Part 1)

Working on the farm with my Pa was not my idea of a great job, but Pa was insistent that this was about all I would ever be qualified for, as my school reports were not something that my folks were eager to show to our relatives whenever they came visiting.
Admittedly I was no Einstein, but I wasn't that dumb.
I was able to do all of the jobs on the farm, and many of them even better than my Pa, who had recently begun to age at an alarming rate. He often called the Doctor to the farm, but he would never discuss with me what was ailing him. All I could guess was that it was something really serious because he was losing weight and not eating as well as he usually did. Because of his problems I found myself having to do almost everything required to keep the farm going.

Each day I would rise from my bed at 5 a.m. and have a hasty breakfast. Then I'd milk the cows and clean out the barn. The pigs were easier to tend to, as were the chickens. The farm was really in great condition, but to the eyes of a growing fourteen years old boy, it was a far cry from the call of the city lights. I just ached to pack my case and take my chances in the big city, but my family needed me, so I was anchored here whether I liked it or not.

The only real bright spot in my life was at school, were I sat next to Ellie, the love of my young life. She was real pretty, and to my surprise and delight, she liked me too in spite of my being a farm boy. We would spend our mid-day beaks together and talk about how one day we would be able to just leave home together and find a nice apartment in some distant city, far away from our parents.

Ellie was the daughter of a local building contractor, and they were very rich, with a big house and a swimming pool. I felt really poor when Ellie had invited me to her last birthday party. It was then that she had introduced me to her parents.
Even then I could tell that they were not exactly thrilled in knowing that their daughter was attracted to a mere farm boy, and they lost no opportunity to let me know it.
Her Father was especially sarcastic about our relationship, but he only made remarks when Ellie was out of earshot.
" It would be better if you tried to find yourself another girl son, as Ellie will be leaving to work in my business in the city as soon as she leaves school," he said, " And then we will probably be going to live somewhere else."

He seemed to be quite indifferent to my feelings, and I wondered what kind of a man Ellie had for a Father. Her Mother was nearly as bad, as she stayed close to us both whilst the party was going on, and we had no time to be together at all.
I wished I had never came to the party.
Ellie seemed to be as fed-up with her parents as I was, but there was little we could do about it. We were only "kids", and they were her parents. There was no way that I could see to get around this problem.......

The Farmer's Son. Part 2.
_________________

Story :- The Farmer's Son. #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 06, 2009 16:42 pm   Story :- The Farmer's Son.

I remember watching a movie where a boy kidnaps the daughter of his owner at work. And then they fall in love. I couldn't remember the title but I liked that movie a lot. So, to think about this story...it is one of the possibilities...I am just trying to guess what is next :)
_________________
First lesson - English, not english. I, not i. ~A student of English
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Story :- The Farmer's Son. #3 (permalink) Mon Jul 06, 2009 19:31 pm   Story :- The Farmer's Son.

Gray, you wouldn't guess the end of this story in a million years Mate. :) :) Even I don't know the end.......................... yet.

Keep reading.

_________________

Story :- The Farmer's Son. #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 am   Story :- The Farmer's Son.

Kitosdad wrote:

Keep reading.

That is what keeps us with the stories...unending curiosity :)
_________________
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

Story :- The Farmer's Son. #5 (permalink) Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:35 am   Story :- The Farmer's Son.

:)
_________________

Spaans Leren Spanje?Tutoring English for Adult StudentsThe Farmer's Son. Part five.The Farmer's Son. Part four.The Farmer's Son. Part three.The Farmer's Son. Part 2.Speaking problems: difficult to start and answer a question from foreign peopleEnglish X LatinPeace HomelandFriend-link in Hanoi VietnamTo learn a new language is to learn a new way of thinkingI am looking for common used english word in Newsweek.Happiness is not the destination, but the journey to the destination!