to suggest; to recommend; to tender; to make an offer of marriage
increase
purpose
propose
recruit

Meaning of "Lost my lunch"

Meaning of "look what the ... dragged in" | 'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'?
Meaning of "Lost my lunch" #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 16, 2009 20:51 pm   Meaning of "Lost my lunch"

"I went to see the new horror movie with my boyfriend this weekend. It was so gory I almost lost my .......... I felt sick to my stomach for a good while after the film ended," Sally said to May.

(a) incentive
(b) motivation
(c) lunch
(d) sleepiness

"I went to see the new horror movie with my boyfriend this weekend. It was so gory I almost lost my lunch. I felt sick to my stomach for a good while after the film ended," Sally said to May.

Correct answer: (c) lunch

"I went to see the new horror movie with my boyfriend this weekend. It was so gory I almost lost my sleepiness. I felt sick to my stomach for a good while after the film ended," Sally said to May.
_________________________

please explain it
Farzana

Meaning of "Lost my lunch" #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 16, 2009 21:52 pm   Meaning of "Lost my lunch"

Lost my lunch refers to something that makes you sick to your stomach - something that is gross or disgusting. It literally means that it made you sick (throw up, vomit etc.)
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "Lost my lunch" #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:28 am   Meaning of "Lost my lunch"

Thanks Linda I'm grateful to you.
Farzana
Farzana

Usage of "razzle dazzle"I want learn the slang languageMeaning of palIs "hits" a gay term for men?The reason for usage 'too'?Use the "emotion" instead of feelingPhrasal verb "come from"Old hardware vs an hardware"to peter out" vs "to peter off"Idiom 'Fair weather friend'What is the difference between delightful and delighted?meaning of 'fed up'goof up vs. goof off