satisfied; pleased
outbound
executive
content
total

'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'?

Meaning of "Lost my lunch" | Difference between TO SAY and TO TELL
'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'? #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:35 am   'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'?

"I hope our baseball game doesn't get rained .......... I'm really looking forward to beating the Indians this weekend," Tommy said to Will.

(a) over
(b) out
(c) on
(d) off

"I hope our baseball game doesn't get rained out. I'm really looking forward to beating the Indians this weekend," Tommy said to Will.

Correct answer: (b) out
_________________________

Is it correct to say 'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'?

Mureena
Mureena

'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'? #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:42 am   'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'?

Raising or to raise funds is correct. If you want to use "fund", you must use it as a singular noun (a fund). For example, they are trying to start a fund for the children's health organization.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Usage of "razzle dazzle"I want learn the slang languageMeaning of palHow can I see my progress in English tests that I finished it?Is "hits" a gay term for men?The reason for usage 'too'?Meaning of "look what the ... dragged in"Use the "emotion" instead of feelingPhrasal verb "come from"Old hardware vs an hardware"to peter out" vs "to peter off"What is the difference between delightful and delighted?meaning of 'fed up'