elasticity; cheerfulness; quality of quickly recovering from sadness or failure; buoyancy
current
stay
landscape
resilience

Is "hits" a gay term for men?

Difference between TO SAY and TO TELL | meaning of 'fed up'
Is "hits" a gay term for men? #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 18, 2009 22:30 pm   Is "hits" a gay term for men?

"I asked her how her mom was doing and I must have hit a ......... unintentionally. She grimaced and was withdrawn for the rest of the night," Maxie said to Ellis.

(a) scar
(b) scab
(c) cut
(d) nerve

"I asked her how her mom was doing and I must have hit a nerve unintentionally. She grimaced and was withdrawn for the rest of the night," Maxie said to Ellis.

Correct answer: (d) nerve
_________________________

is "HITS" a gay term for men?

Maloy
Maloy

Is "hits" a gay term for men? #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:57 am   Is "hits" a gay term for men?

I don't think so.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of the idiom "lion's share of the food"Usage of "razzle dazzle"I want learn the slang languageMeaning of palHow can I see my progress in English tests that I finished it?The reason for usage 'too'?'raise fund for the poor' or 'raise funds'?Meaning of "Lost my lunch"Meaning of "look what the ... dragged in"Use the "emotion" instead of feelingPhrasal verb "come from"Old hardware vs an hardware"to peter out" vs "to peter off"