to pull by force; to twist; to cut off; to distort; to pervert
issue
wrench
dismiss
content

High profile and high drama

What does reading public mean? | Port vs. haven
High profile and high drama #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 24, 2005 18:07 pm   High profile and high drama

Test No. incompl/advan-39 "State Secrets", question 3

When there is a ......... inquiry taking place, the rush to get more details is intense.

(a) high profile
(b) high brow
(c) high intensity
(d) high drama

Test No. incompl/advan-39 "State Secrets", answer 3

When there is a high profile inquiry taking place, the rush to get more details is intense.

Correct answer: (a) high profile

When there is a high drama inquiry taking place, the rush to get more details is intense.
_________________________

Hi Alan:
Can you explain to me the meaning of "high profile" and high drama"?

Thank you very much
Kelly

High profile and high drama #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 24, 2005 18:46 pm   High profile and high drama

Hi Kelly,

High profile (as an adjective) means something which is very prominent, which everybody knows about.

High drama is an expression describing an incident or series of incidents in which people get very excited, make a lot of noise and shout and get angry.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
High profile and high drama #3 (permalink) Fri Aug 09, 2013 15:30 pm   High profile and high drama

Can I remark that I saw in the dictionary that there is a high profile and law profile or we can say this event had a high profile the other had unfortunately law profile.Can I translate its sense that high profile is which arouses people's interest and contrary law profile which doesn't arouse any interest in the people.

This would be my question. Many thanks.
_________________

High profile and high drama #4 (permalink) Fri Aug 09, 2013 15:38 pm   High profile and high drama

Hi Kati, you certainly mean 'low profile' rather than 'law profile'.

TOEIC listening, question-response: How long did you work at ATZ corporation?

High profile and high drama #5 (permalink) Fri Aug 09, 2013 20:20 pm   High profile and high drama

I am sorry for my misspelling. Of course I thought 'low profile'. I know the difference between 'law' and 'low.' Many thanks for your correction.Regards.
_________________

What is souvenirs?briefing vs. clearingWhat does proposed mean?Meaning of 'Once this disclosure is highlighted'English idiom: take out the trashWhat does tail mean?Introduce vs. enterMeaning of 'overrun'Meaning of 'would-be house buyer'Meaning of 'come into force'Curb stealing in the countryConditional IIIWhat does this idiom mean: 'to get fired'?