to injure; to harm; to mistreat
grow
idealize
abuse
price

Does elegant means the way of serving the food?

Please explain why out of instead top? is the out of same as top? | Meaning of 'make an offer for it'
Does elegant means the way of serving the food? #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:20 am   Does elegant means the way of serving the food?

ESL/EFL Test #66 "Lunch is served", question 7

Personally I find that although the taste of your lunch is important, it should also look ......... on the plate.

(a) content
(b) rested
(c) prettily
(d) elegant

ESL/EFL Test #66 "Lunch is served", answer 7

Personally I find that although the taste of your lunch is important, it should also look elegant on the plate.

Correct answer: (d) elegant

_________________________

Does elegant means the way of serving the food? or the food decoration on the plate? I am not understanding the sentence.
Thameem

Location: Chennai

Does elegant means the way of serving the food? #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:43 am   Does elegant means the way of serving the food?

The way the food is presented on the plate.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Does elegant means the way of serving the food? #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:43 am   Does elegant means the way of serving the food?

'Elegant' describes how the food looks on the plate.

_________________

Does elegant means the way of serving the food? #4 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:03 am   Does elegant means the way of serving the food?

Thanks for the answers, I understand now. 8)
Thameem

Location: Chennai

What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean?'a long row of houses' vs 'a long row of cows'An idiom 'Keep body and soul together'Different laws? Isn't it illegal to phone while driving?The sentence provides you with the slang idiom used in context...agree with or agree towhy is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?Meaning of the idiom "lion's share of the food"Usage of "razzle dazzle"I want learn the slang languageMeaning of palWhat does "kind of interest" mean?How can I see my progress in English tests that I finished it?