printed work which is bound together; bundle
inhabitant
screen
convention
book

Meaning of 'make an offer for it'

Does elegant means the way of serving the food? | why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?
Meaning of 'make an offer for it' #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:15 am   Meaning of 'make an offer for it'

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Expressions with make", question 8

It seems a sound project with potential and so I advise you to make a pitch for it.

(a) make a suggestion for it
(b) make an idea for it
(c) make an offer for it
(d) make a throw for it

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Expressions with make", answer 8

It seems a sound project with potential and so I advise you to make an offer for it.

Correct answer: (c) make an offer for it
_________________________

make an offer for it?

Mirko
Mirko

Meaning of 'make an offer for it' #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:25 am   Meaning of 'make an offer for it'

In the test sentence 'make an offer for it' suggests 'put forward a sum of money/a price that you would pay for it.'

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean?'a long row of houses' vs 'a long row of cows'An idiom 'Keep body and soul together'Different laws? Isn't it illegal to phone while driving?The sentence provides you with the slang idiom used in context...agree with or agree toPlease explain why out of instead top? is the out of same as top?Meaning of the idiom "lion's share of the food"Usage of "razzle dazzle"I want learn the slang languageMeaning of palWhat does "kind of interest" mean?How can I see my progress in English tests that I finished it?