to sail; to move at a moderate speed; to travel; to coast; to drive along slowly
advantage
exchange
dedicate
cruise

What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean?

'a long row of houses' vs 'a long row of cows' | An idiom 'Keep body and soul together'
What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 am   What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Food Idioms", question 10

Sally made her famous chocolate chip cookies from scratch.

(a) using prepared dough from a box
(b) without using prepared ingredients of any kind
(c) without the use of sugar or any other sweeteners

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Food Idioms", answer 10

Sally made her famous chocolate chip cookies without using prepared ingredients of any kind.

Correct answer: (b) without using prepared ingredients of any kind
_________________________

what does idioms (a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time) mean?

Mimic
Mimic

What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:44 am   What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean?

a land of milk and honey-- a productive land; a land where no one has to work hard to enjoy a pleasant existence.
having a whale of time-- having a very good time; enjoying oneself very much.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
blue-bluesEnglish testWhat is important when it comes to auditing?Born to animals?Different laws? Isn't it illegal to phone while driving?The sentence provides you with the slang idiom used in context...agree with or agree toMeaning of 'make an offer for it'Does elegant means the way of serving the food?Please explain why out of instead top? is the out of same as top?why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?Is it slip of head / slip by tongue?What does "kind of interest" mean?