Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

nullification; termination; revocation
cancellation
interviewer
profusion
denial
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does two of a kind mean?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is coordinating conjunction? | Difference between 'what are you going to get' and 'how are you going to get'
listening exercises
What does two of a kind mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:06 am   What does two of a kind mean?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", question 9

I honestly wouldn't trust either of them. They both think the same way and they're two of a ..........

(a) type
(b) kind
(c) genre
(d) sort

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", answer 9

I honestly wouldn't trust either of them. They both think the same way and they're two of a kind.

Correct answer: (b) kind

Your answer was: incorrect
I honestly wouldn't trust either of them. They both think the same way and they're two of a type.

Why kind instead type? Please explain
Thameem
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What does two of a kind mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 27, 2009 23:59 pm   What does two of a kind mean?

'Two of a kind' is idiomatic.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is coordinating conjunction? | Difference between 'what are you going to get' and 'how are you going to get'
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What does unwittingly mean?What does 'go wild' mean?What is the difference between shelter and fertilizer?A cup of coffee?What does embellish mean?What what is the difference between enunciate and articulate?What does 'tied up' mean?blue-bluesEnglish testWhat is important when it comes to auditing?Born to animals?agree with or agree toIs it slip of head / slip by tongue?