nullification; termination; revocation
cancellation
interviewer
profusion
denial

What does two of a kind mean?

What is coordinating conjunction? | Difference between 'what are you going to get' and 'how are you going to get'
What does two of a kind mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:06 am   What does two of a kind mean?

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", question 9

I honestly wouldn't trust either of them. They both think the same way and they're two of a ..........

(a) type
(b) kind
(c) genre
(d) sort

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", answer 9

I honestly wouldn't trust either of them. They both think the same way and they're two of a kind.

Correct answer: (b) kind

I honestly wouldn't trust either of them. They both think the same way and they're two of a type.
_________________________

Why kind instead type? Please explain
Thameem

Location: Chennai

What does two of a kind mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 27, 2009 23:59 pm   What does two of a kind mean?

'Two of a kind' is idiomatic.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does unwittingly mean?What does 'go wild' mean?What is the difference between shelter and fertilizer?A cup of coffee?What does embellish mean?What what is the difference between enunciate and articulate?What does 'tied up' mean?blue-bluesEnglish testWhat is important when it comes to auditing?Born to animals?agree with or agree toIs it slip of head / slip by tongue?