to form a relationship with another person
implement
foresee
minute
adopt

What does unwittingly mean?

What does 'go wild' mean? | What is a southpaw?
What does unwittingly mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 am   What does unwittingly mean?

The defendant's attorney had unwittingly given the District Attorney's office the case on a silver ......... by divulging a fact, in passing, that turned out to be the missing piece of the puzzle in regard to how the crime was committed.

(a) spoon
(b) letter
(c) dollar
(d) platter

The defendant's attorney had unwittingly given the District Attorney's office the case on a silver platter by divulging a fact, in passing, that turned out to be the missing piece of the puzzle in regard to how the crime was committed.

Correct answer: (d) platter
_________________________

unwittingly
Witty

What does unwittingly mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:49 am   What does unwittingly mean?

unwittingly
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
When do we use 'does'?How will technology licensing benefit a small business?What does ivory mean?What is the difference between shelter and fertilizer?A cup of coffee?What does not only but also mean?What is the difference between appeared and supposed?What is the difference between but and because?What does embellish mean?Show off vs. show up?What does soporific mean?What what is the difference between enunciate and articulate?What does two of a kind mean?