to embarrass; to mix up; to muddle up; to bewilder; to startle
cast
prevent
confuse
inventory

Slang: We are as near heaven on the sea as on the land

Sentence: I had a slip yesterday but it wasn't a funnel though. It's about... | When we use "itself" and "by itself"?
Slang: We are as near heaven on the sea as on the land #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 30, 2009 0:03 am   Slang: We are as near heaven on the sea as on the land

Hi to all,

Can anyone explain to me what the following sentence mean?

"We are as near heaven on the sea as on the land"

I've red this sentence in the story "Sir Humphrey Gilbert" by James Baldwin

Mickey Mouse

Slang: We are as near heaven on the sea as on the land #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:31 pm   Slang: We are as near heaven on the sea as on the land

This suggests to me that whether you are on the sea or on the land, you are equally close to heaven (God?)

PS The past of 'read' is also 'read'.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
IF clauseIs this correct?BONY SCOTLANDManual - Entrepreneurial climate in VET schoolsgrandiloquent and magniloquentheck's becks?Paraphrase this sentences: Computational biology is the perfect combination of...Difference between progress and progressionExpression: Pay increased ratemeaning of x rated lifeDifference between even, as well and too?Incorrect expression: When television became (A) popular, many people thought...Sentence: Echoes ... for radar to detect distant objects.