something that is essential or imperative; essentials of life (food, clothing, and shelter)
instalment
rule
necessary
supervisor

Do you know how it feels?

How to think in English? | How many fruit names that contain other fruit's name do you know?
Do you know how it feels? #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 30, 2009 13:13 pm   Do you know how it feels?

Do you know how it feels:-

To have a Father who was welcomed wherever he went.
To have a Father who was acclaimed and cheered as a local hero.
To have a Father who was the toast of the town.
To have a Father who turned the heads of most women he passed.
To have a Father who was an entertainer without parallel.
To have a Father whose funeral was attended by hundreds of people, most being absolute strangers to you.
To have a Father who was all things great to other children.

To have a Father who ignored your very existence.
To have a Father who never had time for you.
To have a Father you never did anything with you.
To have a Father who never acknowledged your birthday.
To have a Father who cheated continually on his wife.
To have a Father who never once bought you a present.

To have had a Father that people tell you that you must be so very proud of.

I do!

_________________

Do you know how it feels? #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 30, 2009 14:10 pm   Do you know how it feels?

Kitosdad wrote:
who was the toast of the town

Dear Kitos, I can't find it in my vocabulary. Would you be so kind to explain?
_________________
Please do not hesitate to correct my language mistakes.
Someone

Location: Kiev, Ukraine

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Do you know how it feels? #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 30, 2009 15:38 pm   Do you know how it feels?

A person who is so well liked by others, that they even drink to his health when he isn't there.
_________________

Do you know how it feels? #4 (permalink) Thu Jul 30, 2009 18:45 pm   Do you know how it feels?

I do :D
Icykhool

Do you know how it feels? #5 (permalink) Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:33 am   Do you know how it feels?

Kitosdad wrote:
Do you know how it feels:-

My father has never been to England with me. He tells me I am too old for going on holiday with him and his wife. It's not normal in my age he says.

But he and my mother, my granny and and grand-pa was to Tunis once. That was 1973 and I was just 7 years old.

In some cases it is normal and in some cases not. I just wonder why it's not normal for a daddy and a daughter go travel to other countries ?

My father just do a few things with me. I am not allowed to come to my father's relatives birthdays because I got angry with a person at a party once. I am hard of hearing so I misunderstood what they said to me. I scared the small children at that party and they and many of my relatives are afraid it will happen again.

It was a pity that your daddy don't want to celebrate your birthday. I have a cousin who had a father who was a criminal.

When my daddy and my mum has divored I had many objections about my daddy's new girlfriend.

I am lucky to have a father who buy presents to me.

I do!

MariaEbb

Location: Sweden

Do you know how it feels? #6 (permalink) Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 am   Do you know how it feels?

No, I don't.
_________________
incomplete....
Kiprida

Location: Baku, Azerbaijan

Do you know how it feels? #7 (permalink) Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 am   Do you know how it feels?

Hi Kitos,

I can feel each n every sentence when i read. But i don't know how to reply back to you. first seven points and last the point goes very well with my father's charater. I didn't get the 5th & 7th point, could you please help me.
8th - 13th points i can feel, because i've seen people around me who had the experience.

Hema
Hema Bernard

Do you know how it feels? #8 (permalink) Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:22 am   Do you know how it feels?

He was recognised as a great comic entertainer, and all of the younger audiences loved him. Adults thought he was fantastic.

In the home he was a completely different person, always.
_________________

Do you know how it feels? #9 (permalink) Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:24 pm   Do you know how it feels?

I think that I am lucky one, because my father is great:) I get on really well with my father and as we say we are best friends:)
Jolituke

Location: Lithuania

Do you know how it feels? #10 (permalink) Wed Aug 12, 2009 21:37 pm   Do you know how it feels?

It's very sad, Kitos. It's almost like never to have a father at all, I think.
Luckily, I don't know how it feels. Though, I don't know also how it feels to have a FATHER.
I have father, yes, but he just IS, and were. He always wanted the best for me, he gave me freedom of my choices but he wasn't a father I really wanted him to be. There was something missing, something I now desire and look for in people.
But it's not an accusation... It's just a human's mistake he probably couldn't avoid. For some reason.
Violino

Location: Poland Gdynia

Sentence: if the pet-sitter is a business life professional who watches people'sDiscussion the trend of Vietnamese young music.The Creature.Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'The Killer.Old Nellie.To teacher: He never forgive us...Do you use Google Docs?Story: Once upon a time there lived a king. He was survived by his wife...Writing of minutes of the meetingThe Watcher.English Grammar through StoriesThe Hunt.