to stand up; to get into an upright position; to climb; to ascend
attempt
justify
screen
rise

What does scary mean?

Why 'is' and not 'are'? | Difference between tell and speak
What does scary mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:37 am   What does scary mean?

"I am sorry that I wasn't able to make it to your art show. I got called in to work unexpectedly and didn't have a chance to let you know. You forgive me? No ......... feelings? Thanks. I'll talk to you soon," Kim said to Lacey over the phone.

(a) fine
(b) scary
(c) anxious
(d) hard

"I am sorry that I wasn't able to make it to your art show. I got called in to work unexpectedly and didn't have a chance to let you know. You forgive me? No hard feelings? Thanks. I'll talk to you soon," Kim said to Lacey over the phone.

Correct answer: (d) hard
_________________________

what does scary mean?

Jutta
Jutta

What does scary mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:15 am   What does scary mean?

frightened
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
'Who was the youngest person' vs 'What was the youngest person'What is foreboding? and when we use it?What does unicycle mean?Why bottom instead end?What does to be bitter mean?What are factions?When do we use 'does'?What is the difference between logistics and warehousing?What does 'cut somebody some slack' mean?despite vs in spite ofStride vs. stalkPainting for versus Painting duringCease vs. stop