Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

useful; providing assistance; repairing; performing maintenance tasks
flawed
placid
service
perennial
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How many languages do you speak?

ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about?
The Vase. Part One. | The Vase. Part two.
listening exercises
How many languages do you speak? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 16:06 pm   How many languages do you speak?

I don't consider myself as a english spoker, so I speak two languages: portuguese and spanish. English will be the third language. And how about you?
I'm here quite often ;-)

How many languages do you speak? #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 16:31 pm   How many languages do you speak?

Ukrainian, Russian, English.

My clone speaks Ukrainian, Russian, English, French, German.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
How many languages do you speak? #3 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 19:35 pm   How many languages do you speak?

Someone wrote:
Ukrainian, Russian, English.

My clone speaks Ukrainian, Russian, English, French, German.
who is your clone? Russian and ukrainian are close languages. Who speaks one can easy understand the other. In brief you speak english and russian. I'm not sure about french
I'm here quite often ;-)

How many languages do you speak? #4 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 19:50 pm   How many languages do you speak?

Tomasito wrote:
who is your clone?
My clone=my twin brother :D

Tomasito wrote:
Russian and ukrainian are close languages. Who speaks one can easy understand the other. In brief you speak english and russian. I'm not sure about french
Tomasito, you know better what languages I speak.

OK, I can illustrate how close Ukrainian and Russian languages are.
When I was a 9 years old boy, I went to a pioneer camp. Pioneers - it's a sort of Soviet boy scouts. It was a camp from KGB and team leaders there were young lads who were standing at sentinel No1 (Lenin's mausoleum). And of course all of them were Russians.

Me and my brother were speaking Ukrainian with each other. One evening when we were passing a big company of team leaders one of them called me and asked whether I can declaim any poem in Ukrainian. Of course I could. I just read a book of a Ukrainian humorist and liked one short poem so much that learned it by heart. So I started declaiming with as much artistry as I had. All team leaders with no exception where laughing until cry. I was really flattered with their reception. Never had I more grateful audience. At last when one of them gained ability to speak he squeezed through laughter to his pal: "Have you got a word?" "No-o-o-o-o, not a tiny bit" was reply. :?

If that is not enough here is another instance. As a student I went with my studying group to Latvia where we had to do our engineering practice. In Riga - the capital of Soviet Latvia me and my friend went to a book shop. One of the books attracted our attention and we started discussing it in Ukrainian. After a while one of the assistants of the shop says to other assistant in Russian loudly enough that I could hear (of course she was sure that we can't understand): "Look, look - French men". Obviously she did understand nothing of what we were saying and Ukrainian language resembled French to her.

How many languages do you speak? #5 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 am   How many languages do you speak?

I speak Bulgarian, some English, some German, and a little Danish.

I can understand some Russian, Serbian, and Macedonian.
SkiIucK
I'm here quite often ;-)

How many languages do you speak? #6 (permalink) Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 pm   How many languages do you speak?

I speak lithuanian, english and some russian.
Jolituke

How many languages do you speak? #7 (permalink) Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:42 am   How many languages do you speak?

Well, I can speak Russian, English and I am studding German.
Vetty
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How many languages do you speak? #8 (permalink) Mon Aug 17, 2009 13:17 pm   How many languages do you speak?

I speak arabic and alittel pit english but i want to be english spoker.in fact i can't:(
haya
Haya
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

The Vase. Part One. | The Vase. Part two.
ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Titanic.The Vase. Conclusion.The Vase. Part 4.Why you should learn words in context...The Vase. Part 3.The thing in the Cellar.The Mariner.Sentence: if the pet-sitter is a business life professional who watches people'sCatch me if you can.The destiny should not be centered around people...Discussion the trend of Vietnamese young music.The Creature.Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'