Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

clear; evident; simple; flat; smooth
striped
diverse
proof
plain
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"out of a sense" vs "in a sense of"

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does float one's boat mean? | She had laughed is past perfect
listening exercises
"out of a sense" vs "in a sense of" #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 13, 2009 0:34 am   "out of a sense" vs "in a sense of"

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #653 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (26)", question 2

My friends wonder how I could have turned in another friend for fraud. I guess I did it ......... a sense of responsibility to investors and society.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #653 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (26)", answer 2

My friends wonder how I could have turned in another friend for fraud. I guess I did it out a sense of responsibility to investors and society.

Correct answer: (c) out

Your answer was: incorrect
My friends wonder how I could have turned in another friend for fraud. I guess I did it in a sense of responsibility to investors and society.

Hi Alan,

I guess it should be "out of a sense", or "in a sense of". Correct me, please.

Starr
Starr

"out of a sense" vs "in a sense of" #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 am   "out of a sense" vs "in a sense of"

Hi Starr,

You are right. That needs to be changed to 'out of a sense of'. Thanks for that.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does float one's boat mean? | She had laughed is past perfect
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
A good dictionary for slang idiomsliability is not a debit or creditDo you have questions not about elephants?Meaning of 'Species'Throughout at the beginning of a sentence?What does "scenic spot" mean?Why is rye uncountable?'If you look out the window' vs 'If you look out of the window'Meaning of murdererWhat does the expression 'seeing forest from trees' mean?Do we say 'to get hold of money' to say 'to make a lot of money'?meaning of deviateHe lost interest in it vs. he lost his interest